Mock Test-4_Module Part-1
Please Enter Your Details!
1) Which of the following is true concerning the Müllerian ducts?
2) Which of the following is not true regarding 1,25(OH)2 vitamin D?
3) A 26-year-old female presents with right iliac fossa pain and is taken to theatre for an appendectomy. An incision is made through the skin and onto muscle with fibres passing inferiorly in an oblique direction. Which muscle is cut in this scenario?
4) A 46 XY karyotype associated with a female phenotype is found in which of the following?
5) Deficiency of following vitamin deficiency cause paraesthesia
6) The hair cells in the semi-circular canals are stimulated by which of the following?
7) Which process establishes the three definitive germ layers?
8) Regarding the blood supply of anterior abdominal wall, which is not true?
9) Which of the following is an essential amino acid?
10) Which of the following organs is derived from the ectodermal neural crest cells?
11) 46 XY karyotype is associated with which of the following condition?
12) A 63-year-old man in the surgical ward is complaining of numbness over the anterior thigh and medial aspect of his right leg. He is unable to extend his right knee and the knee jerk is reduced. He had undergone a femoral aneurysm repair 3 days ago.Which is the most probable nerve damaged in this case?
13) Acetazolamide is a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor and is used in the treatment of all the following conditions except which one?
14) Which of the following drugs causes hypokalaemia?
15) gastric juice deficiency is likely to result in which of the following abnormality?
16) Which of the following conditions is not associated with genetic anticipation?
17) Which of the following is true regarding carbohydrate metabolism?
18) An iron overload is not seen in which of the following conditions?
19) Which of the following is true regarding the ventricular filling?
20) Women having their first child after the age of 35 are associated with an increased risk of which of the following?
21) In oogenesis, which of the following events occurs immediately following the completions of meiosis II?
22) intracranial pressure does not rise in which of the following situation?
23) Which of the following occurs during the isometric ventricular contraction?
24) A 25-year-old G1P0, 20 weeks’ gestation has a family history of classic hemophilia. Her uncle on her mother’s side and her brother are affected. A perinatal ultrasound notes a male fetus. What is the chance that her son (in utero) will inherit hemophilia?
25) Which of the following is correct regarding vitamin B12?
26) Normal clotting of blood requires
27) A 39-year-old multiparous woman is 13 weeks She has serum screening as part of the combined test. Analysis shows an elevated level of α-fetoprotein and a normal level of pregnancy-associated plasma protein A.What diagnosis are the screening results suggestive of?
28) What is the main site of iron absorption?
29) During delivery of a first twin, a very tight nuchal cord is reduced from the baby’s neck by clamping and dividing it. After this, the second twin (as yet unborn) develops severe fetal Of the following, what is the most likely mechanism for the distress in the second twin?
30) Which artery supplies the structures derived from the foregut of the embryo?
31) Two couples present to the emergency room with severe nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. One of the patients admits that she had a dinner party and served a salad containing mushrooms she had picked during a hike in the forest earlier that day. Inhibition of which enzyme or process explains the clinical manifestations of a-amanitin poisoning seen in these patients?
32) A 32-year-old woman undergoes an emergency caesarean section for failure to progress at 9 cm cervical dilatation. Which of the following correctly describes the pelvic shape which has an anteroposterior diameter of the inlet, greater than the transverse diameter?
33) The cells of which structure form the chorionic villi?
34) You are counseling a 16-year-old G1P0 girl and her 16-year-old boyfriend. Two weeks ago they received a quad screen result with a 1:50 risk for Down She has noninformative family history and medical history. You begin counseling by explaining that the number of chromosomes in a fetus is how many?
35) From which of the following is the nerve supply to the vulva derived?
36) Which of the following organs is derived from ectodermal neural crest cells?
37) Whilst examining the abdomen of a 21-year-old female with abdominal pain you notice a well-defined “six-pack”. Which muscle is this?
38) Which of the following substances occur in lower concentration in foetal blood in comparison to the maternal blood?
39) A 27-year-old woman has a cervical smear result which shows ‘borderline’ Which cells line the ectocervix?
40) gastric juice deficiency is likely to result in which of the following abnormality?
41) Which of the following structures do not arise from the Wolffian ducts?
42) Which of the following is the origin of the mitochondrial DNA of all human adult cells?
43) Which of the following is true regarding Down syndrome?
44) Poor wound healing, impaired spermatogenesis, diarrhoea, dermatitis, alopecia are the features of which mineral deficiency-
45) Which of the following is true regarding the ductus venosus?
46) Which of the following regions of nephron does the water leave via diffusion?
47) What is the nerve root of the ilioinguinal nerve?
48) The risk of developing gallstones increases in which of the following situations?
49) Co-factor for the free radical scavenging enzyme glutathione peroxidase is-
50) Which of the following structures pass under the inguinal ligament?
51) The mineral which has synergistic action with vitamin E is-
53) A 73-year-old woman is admitted to the intensive care unit for septic shock from a urinary tract infection. The critical care fellow is concerned she may not have an appropriate stress response and orders a cosyntropin Which hormone does this test evaluate?
54) Which of the following is true regarding colour blindness?
55) A 41-year-old woman presents with severe, sharp epigastric abdominal pain that radiates to her back and with nausea and vomiting. Laboratory results indicate a serum triglyceride level of 5000 mg/dL. She is diagnosed with pancreatitis, in part owing to her elevated serum triacyl- glycerol To form triacylglycerol from diacylglycerol, which of the following compounds is also required?
56) At the end of week 2 of development (day 14), what is the composition of the embryonic disk?
57) Which of the following is the best description of the pelvic diaphragm?
58) Which of the following is true regarding Down syndrome?
59) A 32-year-old primiparous woman suffers a massive antepartum haemorrhage and undergoes an emergency caesarean section. During the caesarean section she suffers a massive obstetric haemorrhage requiring transfusion of blood and clotting As a result of these events, she develops disseminated intravascular coagulopathy.Which of the following laboratory results would be expected in this condition?
60) Which of following vitamin act as antioxidant and its deficiency cause mild hemolytic anemia in newborn
61) Which of the following organs does not respond to oestrogens?
62) The anatomy of the spinal cord and dural space is important when giving regional spinal At what approximate spinal level do the dural space and the spinal cord, respectively, end?
63) Presence of vaginal septa is not associated with which of the following?
64) A couple are both known to carry the trait for a haemoglobinopathy. They decline any invasive testing when they conceive their first At an anomaly scan at 20 weeks’ gestation the fetus is found to have severe hydrops. In utero death occurs at 22 weeks' gestation.What is the most likely cause of the fetal demise?
65) What is the inheritance of sickle cell disease(SCD)?
66) Which of the following is true about the smooth muscle cells?
67) Which of the following statement is true regarding human chromosomes?
68) A healthy 5 ft 6 tall, adult female is most likely to have a pelvic inlet that would be classified as which of the following Caldwell-Moloy types?
69) Which of the following disorders have an autosomal recessive pattern of inheritance?
71) Which of the following is the leading cause of Down Syndrome?
72) A 33-year-old lady, who is 38 weeks pregnant, presents to her general practitioner with a 4- week history of pain and paraesthesia over the upper outer aspect of her right thigh. There is no restriction of movements in her hips or knees and her gait is normal. Which is the most likely nerve, which is affected in this case?
73) Which of the following is true regarding the human rectum?
74) In baby with Down's syndrome , the probability of extra chromosome 21 being maternal in origin
75) 46 XX karyotype is associated with which of the condition?
76) Which of the following is not a derivative of the vitelline vein?
77) Sympathetic drive to the heart is increased in which of the following conditions?
78) Two couples present to the emergency room with severe nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. One of the patients admits that she had a dinner party and served a salad containing mushrooms she had picked during a hike in the forest earlier that day. Inhibition of which enzyme or process explains the clinical manifestations of a-amanitin poisoning seen in these patients?
79) A patient develops a neurologic disease that destroys components of S2, S3, S4 What clinical manifestation would you expect the patient to have as a result?
80) Severe diarrhoea causes a decrease in all of the following except?
81) A 19-year-old woman with a complaint of never having had menses comes to your Physical examination shows that she is 1.37 m tall and weighs 94 lb. She lacks breast and pubic hair development.There is webbing of her neck and cubitus valgus.
Which of the following would be the simplest, yet most useful, initial test to begin her evaluation?
82) Which of the following is not an intermediate product of the citric acid cycle?
83) Deficiency of following vitamin deficiency cause megaloblastic anemia:
84) A 34-year-old woman delivers a male baby with Down’s syndrome. Chromosomal analysis following his birth is suggestive of familial Down’s syndrome. What chromosomal event best describes the aetiology of Familial Down’s syndrome?
85) in a normal adult woman weighing 75 kg, which of the following is not true regarding the extracellular fluid (ECF)
86) In the production of male gametes, which of the following cells remains dormant for 12 years?
87) increased numbers of chromosomes occur in which of the following condition?
88) Cell membrane primarily composed of:
89) A patient presents approximately 10 years post-menopausal with complaints of pressure vaginally and the sensation that something is falling out. When told she has a fallen uterus, she wonders if it is due to the damage from her round ligaments since she had a great deal of round ligament pain during her pregnancies. Which of the following ligaments provide the most support to the uterus in terms of preventing prolapse?
90) During ovulation, the secondary oocyte resides at what specific stage of meiosis?
91) When performing a hysterectomy, the surgeon should be aware that at its closest position to the cervix, the ureter is normally separated from the cervix by which of the following distances?
92) A 17-year-old woman who recently began taking birth control pills presents to the emergency room with cramping abdominal pain, anxiety, paranoia, and hallucinations. A surgical evaluation, including ultrasound and computed tomography scan, fails to demonstrate an acute abdominal process. A urinalysis reveals an increase in urine porphyrins. Which of the following is the most likely?
93) Which of the following is true regarding hermaphroditism?
94) Which of the following technique is not directly used for used for identifying DNA?
95) at birth which of the following changes occur in the foetus?
96) A 23-year-old woman is referred to an endocrinologist for weight gain, especially around the waist. She also has striae over the abdomen and a rounded appearance to her face. She is found to have Cushing disease. Which of the following would most likely be found in this patient, compared with someone who does not have Cushing disease?
97) The part of the pelvis lying above the linea ter-minalis has little effect on a woman’s ability to deliver a baby What is the name of this portion of the pelvis?
98) When does a secondary oocyte complete its second meiotic division to become a mature ovum?
99) A 32-year-old woman is 15 weeks pregnant with her second She opts to have antenatal screening and has blood taken as part of the quadruple test. The result shows reduced levels of α-fetoprotein and unconjugated oestriol with elevated β-human chorionic gonadotrophin. Which of the following is the most likely explanation for the screening results:
100) Which of the following is true concerning 1,25-(OH)2D3 (vitamin D)?
Your score is