SBA Mock Test 2 (Part 1)
Please Enter Your Details!
A 26-year-old pregnant woman is found to have an Hb of 11 g/dL on a routine blood test , with an MCV of 70. Serum electrophoresis reveals an Hb F of 0.5
percent, Hb A1 of 60 percent, Hb A2 of 2 percent and Hb S of 40 percent. Her ferritin leve ls are normal. The most likely diagnosis is:
2) A neoplasm of the female genital tract occurring in an 18-year-old girl whose mother was treated with diethylstilbestrol during the pregnancy is likely to be a:
3) Misoprostol is a commonly used drug in the medical treatment of miscarriage. What type of drug is misoprostol?
4) . Which of the following most accurately describes the mode of action of letrozole?
5) What drug can be given to reverse myelosuppression in methotrexate toxicity?
6) LH peak precedes ovulation by
7) Which of the following hormones increases the excretion of calcium in Kidney?
8) What is the smallest human chromosome?
9) Which class of immunoglobulin is primary secreted in breast milk and protects the infant's intestinal mucosa from infection?
10) Which of the following eicosanoids are mainly increased before menstruation?
11) What percentage triiodothyronin (T3) is free?
12) What sexually transmitted disease (STD) is caused by Haemophilus ducreyi?
13) Frequency of current used in electrosurgery unit is
14) Choriocarcinoma is a malignant form of gestational trophoblastic disease. When Choriocarcinoma metastasises, it has a propensity for which type of spread?
15) Which ovarian tumor is associated with Meig's syndrome?
16) Peak maternal serum hCG concentrations occur at
17) An inherited metabolic disorder called phenylketonuria (PKU) can result in serious problems in infancy. Via which pattern of inheritance is the PKU?
18) Where does fatty acid synthesis occur within the cell?
19) The posterior fontanelle usually closes by what age?
20) Which screening test has high negative predictive value for detection of preterm pre-labour rupture of the membranes?
21) In the fetal circulation, which structure bypasses the liver, carrying oxygenated blood directly into the inferior vena cava?
22) What is the most common congenital solid tumour of the newborn?
23) Which of the following is commonly used to determine hormone receptor expression 'receptor status' of the breast cancer?
24) A 49-year-old female asks about the benefits and risks of hormone replacement therapy (HRT) to control the effects of menopause. The use of hormone replacement therapy (HRT) will decreases the risk of which cancer?
25) Which antigen-presenting cells (APCs) are mainly found in the cervix?
A 36-year-old woman underwent a total abdominal hysterectomy for uterine fibroids. Postoperatively she complains of loss of flexion of her left hip and
numbness over her left anterior and medial thigh. The compression of which nerve is likely to be responsible?
Oxybutynin hydrochloride is a non-selective muscarinic receptor antagonist used to treat bladder overactivity. Which of the following diseases are aggravated
by use of oxybutynin?
28) Which one of the following stages of the cell cycle is preceded by mitosis?
29) Insensible loss of water from skin and lungs in 70 year old healthy woman is
30) Which of the following structures separates the superficial perineal pouch from the deep perineal pouch?
31) Physiological variation of the menstrual cycle between 21-35 days due to
32) A patient presents with condyloma lata. At what stage of syphilis does this feature occur?
33) What type of compound is Histones?
34) Which of the following structure, when dilated, produces caput medusa?
35) The greater omentum is derived from which of the following embryonic structures?
36) Which immunoglobulin class has a pentameric structure and is unable to cross the placenta?
37) Which class of immunoglobulin is mainly activate the classical complement system?
38) Midazolam is an effective anxiolytic drug, used for preoperative sedation. Which receptor is responsible for its action?
39) What is the contrast dye used in MRI scans?
40) Forest plot: horizontal lines represent
41) The most common site of endometriosis is
42) Which cytokines are secreted by virally infected host cells and Stimulates uninfected neighbouring cells to synthesize antiviral proteins?
43) 23-year-old woman presents with fishy foul smelling vaginal odour. 'Clue cells' are found in the smear. Which of the following cell types is belong to 'Clue cells'?
44) The standard for conventional cytogenetic analysis of human chromosomes is
45) What is the embryonic origin of the trigone of urinary bladder?
46) A 19-year-old woman gives birth to her first child. She begins breast feeding the infant. She continues breast feeding for almost a year with no difficulties and no complications. Which of the following cellular processes that occurred in the breast during pregnancy allowed her to nurse the infant for this period of time?
28-year-old Asian woman G2P2 at 26 weeks gestation. Her BMI is 36 kg/m2 Glucose tolerance test report (75 g load) are as follows:
Fasting serum glucose : 4.7 mmol/l
2-hour serum glucose : 7.4 mmol/l
What is the diagnosis?
48) Which is non-ergot dopamine agonist drug used to treat hyperprolactinemia?
49) Which nerve arises from ventral rami of lumbar plexus and emerges from the medial border of psoas major muscle?
50) Patient has a heavy menstrual bleeding. She desires an endometrial ablation to stop bleeding after failure of medical treatment. Which part of the uterus is destructed to stop bleeding?
51) Which one of the following congenital infections is most characteristically associated with fetal hydrops?
52) Which enzyme in the renal tubular cells are responsible for production of ammonia?
53) What is the pathophysiology explain that vitamin A can cause birth defects of the child during pregnancy?
54) The probability of sarcomatous change occurring in fibroid is
55) Where in the kidney is the majority of bicarbonate reabsorbed?
A 19-year-old extremely anxious parturient requests labor epidural analgesia. During epidural placement, cerebrospinal fluid obtained in the needle catheter.
Which along spinal cord dose the needle traverse obtaining CSF leakage from the needle catheter?
57) What is the most common site for tubal ectopic gestation?
A 27-year-old woman after normal vaginal birth develops shortness of birth and seizures. Despite resuscitation she dies within 20 minutes. At autopsy
squamous cells and fetal hair are found in lungs. What is the most likely cause of death?
59) Which of the following is the most active form of vitamin D?
60) Which nerve or nerve plexus provided sensory innervation to the cervix?
61) Which of the following is a circulatory blood cell that is capable of differentiation into plasma cells?
62) What is the mechanism of action of labetalol ?
A 32-year-old woman has increasing white vaginal discharge. She is 7 weeks pregnant. Her Chlamydia swab is positive. All other tests are normal.
Which is the single most appropriate treatment?
64) The typical effective dose for abdominal CT scan is
65) Metabolic abnormality seen in congenital hypertrophic pyloric stenosis is
66) While performing laparoscopy, the lateral umbilical folds can be seen on the anterior abdominal wall in the adult. This structure contains :
A sexually active 18-year-old woman presents with a fever for the past 24 hours and lower abdominal pain and anorexia for the past 5 days. On physical
examination, there is generalized tenderness of the abdomen and the cervix appears slightly friable with motion tenderness. A smear of yellow odorless
cervical discharge shows gram negative intracellular diplococci and scant neutrophils. What is the most likely causative organism?
68) Mifepristone is a drug used in medical termination of pregnancy. What is the mifepristone mode of action?
69) What type of joint is formed at the sacroiliac joint?
70) Whenever the intestinal midgut loop fails to return from the umbilical cord into the abdominal cavity, the defect is known as which of the following?
71) A 16-year-old girl is diagnosed with transverse vaginal septum. The most likely embryological mechanism responsible for this anomaly is
72) 16-year-old has recently become sexually active. She complains of intensely irritating greenish frothy vaginal discharge. The organism is seen under microscope in a drop of saline and PH is 6. What is the most likely causative organism?
73) What histology constitutes the majority of vulvar cancers?
74) . How many days does it take from the resting follicle stage to ovulation?
A 33-year-old woman with an intrauterine contraceptive device develops symptoms of acute salpingitis. On laparoscopy, sulfur granules appear at the
fimbria of the tubes. Which of the following is the most likely organism?
76) Which one of the following bacteria produces an exotoxin causing 'toxic shock syndrome' associated with tampon usage?
77) Monopolar diathermy cause coagulation effect with sparkling to stop the bleeding vessels by Which of the following procedures?
78) Which one of the following best describes the histological type of endometrium soon after ovulation?
79) A 19-year old G2 P1 woman has an amniocentesis performed at 18 weeks gestation. Fibroblasts recovered from amniocentesis are grown in culture to assess the karyotype of fetal cells. These cells are subcultured for additional experimental work, but the culture is lost after 50 doublings of the cells has occurred, and the fibroblasts no longer grow. Which of the following factors affecting these cells is most likely demonstrated by this phenomenon?
80) Which one of the following tocolytic drug is a competitive oxytocin receptor antagonist ?
81) Which substance removed from proinsulin to release insulin into the circulation?
82) Nifedipine belongs to which class of drugs?
83) What is the most abundant carbohydrate in the breast milk?
84) Which antiemetic drug can cause uncontrolled muscle movements?
85) Which one of the following stages of the cell cycle is cell prepared for DNA synthesis?
86) Which artery supplies the distal portion of round ligament of the uterus?
87) Suxamethonium does not readily cross the placenta because of
88) What is represented by the equation Sensitivity/(1-specificity)?
89) Vertical transmission of HIV infection mostly occurs
90) A structure found within the adult female pelvis formed from the gubernaculums is the
91) What part of the embryo is the origin of primordial germ cells?
92) Sample size 30, variance 25 and standard error of mean 3 What is the data set's Standard deviation?
93) In which circumstance is rhesus immunisation NOT required in a rhesusnegative mother?
94) When should the prophylactic dose of low molecular weight heparin (LMWH) be stopped before regional analgesia?
95) The vaccine for measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) is best characterized as
96) A 40-year-old woman had bilateral silicone breast implants placed two years ago. Since that time, she has noted increased firmness with slight deformity of the breast on the left. The implants are removed, and there is evidence for leakage of the implant contents on the left. Which of the following cell types is most likely to be most characteristic of the inflammatory response in this situation?
97) 9. The most likely karyotype for a patient with complete hydatidiform mole is
98) What is the most common type of episiotomy performed in the United kingdom (UK)?
99) Ovarian reserve is a term that is used to determine the capacity of the ovary to provide egg cells that are capable of fertilization. Determination of ovarian reserve is important in the treatment of infertility. Test for ovarian reserve
100) The epithelial lining of the cervix exterior to transformation zone is which of the following tissue types?
Your score is